Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Disney World MUST Eats!






As some of you might know, I was lucky enough to get into this year's Food Blog Forum in Walt Disney World! In anticipation, I've been doing some research and checking out things I might actually not yet know about my favorite place, ever (this will be trip 36 to WDW :-P )

During my research, I stumbled upon this post from Disney Food Blog that totally got my tummy rumbling! It made me think back to all the yummy treats I love in the happiest place on earth and I decided to share a list (read: to-eat list) of my own! Oh and don't worry West Coasters, lots of these are in Disneyland too!






Croissant au jambon et fromage at Boulangerie Patisserie inside The French Pavillion

It’s about as French as you can get without a passport. This buttery, flaky, pastry houses tender slices of ham and gooey, melty cheese that will leave you saying, Sacré bleu! Don’t forget to grab a few sweets for later. Nothing curbs a sweet tooth while you’re in line for Test Track quite like a macaron! 


Mahalo to my blogger bestie Jessica from 

My Baking Heart for snapping this photo. 

Dole Whip located at Aloha Isle and inside Disney’s Polynesian Resort
A standard treat that has gained a cult following. This pineapple soft serve is one of the most sought after sweets in the whole Disney corporation (might be a slight exaggeration). You can find this treat in both WDW and Disneyland (Adventureland) but be sure to check the hours of operation for the stands, they don’t always coincide with the park hours. Oh, here’s a tip – Disneyland’s version is a bit creamier than WDW so if that’s your kind of thing, ask for the swirl in Orlando! 





Grand Marnier Orange Slush outside The French Pavillion
This treat has been a favorite of mine since I tried it for the first time on my 21st birthday as I “Drank Around The World”. This drink is not for the lightweights out there. It goes down WAY too smooth on a hot Florida day and will leave you feeling a little Dopey if you’re not careful. Granted, that may have been the other 6 countries talkin’. 




Bahn Mi at The Land Pavillion in Epcot
This is one of the most unsuspecting finds in WDW. I actually stumbled upon this delicious Bahn Mi during my last trip to WDW for Food Blog Forum. Though it strikes out on the bread category (would much rather have a traditional baguette) the flavor is amazing! The fresh cilantro and pickles carrots are perfection. A tip on this one… try to go to The Land during the off-lunch hours. Seems everyone and their mother (literally) now know that The Land has awesome food. 


A good friend will let you take this photo... 
a best friend will let you post it on your blog. Thanks Swifty!


Turkey Legs - Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom in WDW, Liberty Square in Disneyland
Just follow the scent… you’ll find them! And don’t believe what you hear, they are not Emu or Ostrich legs or whatever other crazy nonsense that’s going around. These giant hunks of poultry are smoked, giving them the taste of ham more than turkey. Be prepared, they are messy and super salty. You’ll want to hydrate. 




Butternut Squash Soup at Wolfgang Puck Express
This has been one of my staples for as long as I can remember. If you head over to Downtown Disney for some shopping, don’t bother waiting the 2+ hour wait for the big restaurants. Stop by Wolfgang Puck Express for the Butternut Squash soup and a side of the Mac & Cheese. As you can tell from my chats with old Wolfy, Mac & Cheese is his go-to when he serves celebs, so why not try it for yourself while in Disney!



Displaying photo 1.JPG

Mickey Pretzel
As my cousin (who doesn't know I posted this... this will be proof if he reads my blog or not) so eloquently shows, the Mickey Pretzel is the perfect “hold you over before dinner” snack. Super soft and chewy with just the right amount of salt and depending on where you get it from, you may even be able to score some dipping sauces!




Corn Dogs
I’m just gonna put this out there… but these are probably the best corn dogs you’re ever going to put in your mouth. The batter is perfection and the dog inside is substantial enough that you don’t get that awkward layer of air in-between the shell. In Disneyland you can find them on Main Street and in California Adventure. As for WDW, you can find them at Herbie’s Drive-In at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the Beastly kiosk in Animal Kingdom, and Westward Ho Refreshments in Magic Kingdom. 





Ghiradelli Sundaes
You don’t have to be in the Bay Area to enjoy this San Francisco treat! Grab a sundae (or two) from Ghiradelli at Downtown Disney. My personal fave is the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with Hot Fudge and Peanut Butter Sauce. NOT #FoodiesSheddingBooties approved but oh so good. In Disneyland? Find Ghiradelli on the wharf in California Adventure.



              


Pulled Pork Sandwiches from Flame Tree BBQ
It has come to my attention that Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom is currently under renovation. Hence, the devastating images above. When I tell you that this place has the best stinkin’ barbeque sauce, I’m not messing around. The combination of sweet and tangy sauce on the slow roasted shredded pork and topped with a vinegar based coleslaw… heaven. Clearly, you must be able to understand my devastation. Sources say the new and improved Flame Tree will be open in Spring 2015. We’ll see about that. 

So there's my top 10... in no particular order. What are your favorite foods in Disney?! Comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!