Thursday, April 23, 2015

I've Got The Blues: Kraft Makes a Big Announcement

Kraft Mac and Cheese GIF

If you're like me, days off from school meant sitting home watching Nickelodeon, seeing the sassy pig-tailed girl above and subsequently and chowing down on a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. With lyrical genius such as "If Daddy wants to please me, he's only got to cheese me..." how could one resist?

Kraft Mac and Cheese
So you can imagine my despair when I received an email from my husband with the subject line "We Need to Build a Shelter and Stock Up STAT!". Turns out, Kraft just announced that starting in January 2016, "Original Kraft Macaroni & Cheese in the U.S. will no longer be made with artificial preservatives or synthetic colors.”

Kraft Mac and Cheese

Listen, I'm all for healthy alternatives - but there's something to be said about the nostalgia of a brand. I get it, I mean didn't Coca-Cola used to actually have cocaine in it? Change can be good. However, I will be sad that my children will never get to experience the splendor of the neon orange powder in a blue box. 

With the recent news, I decided to collect "The Best of The Blue Box" with some fun images that will hopefully take you back to that simpler time of faking sick and binge-watching Stick Stickley. 

Kraft Mac and Cheese

Kraft Mac and Cheese



Kraft Mac and Cheese




Kraft Mac and Cheese




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!